A low rate loan with all the flexibility you can expect from your friendly, local credit union
End to End
Our loan can finance the project while REIL will handle the grant application and the retrofit works
Applying Is Easy
Simply fill out our expression of interest form and we’ll take it from there.
SEAI grant and a low rate loan for improving your home’s energy efficiency
With a ProEnergy Homes Loan, comfort costs less.
ProEnergy Home Benefits :
» Survey Cost €99.00 home survey fee that is deducted from the final quote if you proceed with work
» Simple Process With expert advice
» Grant on Works Up to 35% from SEAI
» Flexible Loan Options From your credit union for the balance
» Dedicated Project Manager From start to finish
» Energy Efficient Home Better performing, more comfortable
Participating Credit Unions
Choose Credit Union based on where you work
Choose Credit Union based on where you Live
- Cavity Wall
- Internal Wall (Drylining)
- External Wall
- Heating Controls
- Solar Thermal Panels
- Heat Pump
- Windows & Doors
- Solar (electricity) and Battery
Learn More About Applying For ProEnergy Homes Loan
This scheme is open to members of participating Credit Unions to improve the energy efficiency of their home (once it was built prior to 2006), either by insulating the roof or walls, upgrading the heating or by making a number of recommended energy-saving improvements.
All contractors are REIL approved and have been vetted by REIL.
Every contractor is regularly audited by SEAI & REIL to ensure they keep up to latest building regulations and SEAI requirements.
Only contractors approved by REIL are used to ensure that they will meet standards of work set out on the scheme. Qualified and experienced contractors may be added to the panel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
In general, no. The grant is only available if you replace all windows.
No. You must insulate all exterior walls to avail of the grant.
Extensions built after 2006 can be excluded once documentation can be provided showing it is up to building guidelines. this can be obtained by the builder responsible for the work.
Yes, but you must also upgrade your windows at the same time and must reach a B2 BER Rating.
No. Under this scheme, back boilers must be decommissioned to be replaced by a more efficient system.
REIL pay all contractors for the works carried out on the scheme. REIL will invoice you for the cost of works, less of the grant. The value of loan is to be paid directly by the Credit Union to REIL on your behalf. You then repay the Credit Union the value of the loan.
All homes participating in the scheme must reach a minimum B2 energy rating after the works are completed. The amount of work required to reach this level will be different for every house.
Typically, it will mean that your house will be well insulated and have a highly efficient heating system in place.
The survey fee is €99 and is payable to REIL prior to the survey being carried out. REIL will not carry out a survey without receipt of fee.
Terms and Conditions
- Grants are subject to availability
- To qualify for a 35% grant, a home must generally be upgraded to a B2 energy rating.
- Eligibility criteria attach to grants. To determine your eligibility, REIL will perform a home survey for a set fee of €99. This will be refunded if your home is not eligible for grants. It will also be refunded against the cost of works if your home is eligible and you choose to proceed with REIL. Your home survey report will detail any terms and conditions attaching to any grants you are eligible for. For certain works additional surveys may be required at additional cost. REIL will advise of all options available to you before you incur any cost.
- There is no obligation to use REIL to access a reduced rate loan for home energy upgrade works.
- For all loans; lending criteria, underwriting and terms and conditions apply.
- This is a variable rate loan. This rate applies to new loans only.
- REIL are solely responsible for all works and surveys conducted under this scheme
A low rate loan means a rate under 7% on loans over €20,000. For example, €20,000 borrowed at 6.95% over 5 years would have monthly repayments of €395.55, total cost of credit would be €3,733.14 at an Annual Percentage Rate of 7.12%. €5,000 borrowed at 10.48% over 5 years would have monthly repayments of €107.42, total cost of credit would be €1,445.20 at an Annual Percentage Rate of 11%
When providing credit under this scheme, participating credit unions are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.